Land Rover 127

Hi,

I ve bought an early Land Rover 127 for work and I want to put some genuine Land Rover alloys on it to 'modernise' :lol: the appearance. Were alloys ever fitted to 127/130's? Obviously I need something rated to take the weight... any suggestions?

Also, as it was an early 127, it was built on a stretched 110 chassis, the chassis number and log book still say it is a 110. I am 99% certain that it is not a home made vehicle.

I would like to get the log book to read correctly and state it as a 130, has anyone had experiance of getting the log book changed?

It also has a gvw of 3400kg (unusual???), again has anyone successfully changed the gvw? Its currently a full length pick up but the plan is to convert to tipper.

thanks in advance

Hi,

I ve bought an early Land Rover 127 for work and I want to put some genuine Land Rover alloys on it to 'modernise' :lol: the appearance. Were alloys ever fitted to 127/130's? Obviously I need something rated to take the weight... any suggestions?

Also, as it was an early 127, it was built on a stretched 110 chassis, the chassis number and log book still say it is a 110. I am 99% certain that it is not a home made vehicle.

I would like to get the log book to read correctly and state it as a 130, has anyone had experiance of getting the log book changed?

It also has a gvw of 3400kg (unusual???), again has anyone successfully changed the gvw? Its currently a full length pick up but the plan is to convert to tipper.

thanks in advance

I'm pretty certain that 127/130s have never been factory fitted with alloy wheels.

The only ones that would be rated for the vehicle's GVW would be the 'Blindo' wheels curently fitted to WMIK Wolfs and CAV Snatch vehicles -

post-148-081801500 1283707022_thumb.jpg . post-148-025895100 1283707016_thumb.jpg . post-148-080477600 1283707049_thumb.jpg

post-148-041747500 1283707026_thumb.jpg . post-148-042900000 1283707030_thumb.jpg . post-148-083215500 1283707033_thumb.jpg

post-148-058389600 1283707037_thumb.jpg . post-148-069292100 1283707041_thumb.jpg . post-148-009778200 1283707047_thumb.jpg

Blindo wheels can be bought from Silverline, here -

http://www.silverlinewheels-tyres.com/4x4/aluminiumwheels/blindowheels.htm

Early 127s were registered as 110s

Is yours a crew cab? - if so does it have square door bottoms on the 2nd row doors?

On the current, production line built, 130s - the GVW is 3500kg, perhaps the early conversions are slightly lower rated, or perhaps it was the DVLA having one of their @rse/elbow moments.

the DVLA having one of their @rse/elbow moments.

Surely not, Paul ! ;)

None of the standard Land Rover alloys are rated for the weight of the 127/130.

A search tell me that the Blindo alloy that Paul is illustrating above is rated to 1700 kgs each and are about £150 plus the viscous added tax each.

HTH

Mo

Whoops, deliberate mistake :unsure:

I slipped in a picture of a WMIK with Wolf wheels (the green one) :rolleyes:

Wolf Steel wheels, as well as being a Military fitment, are the current factory fitment for 130s and Heavy Duty 110s

These would smarten-up your older 127 and give it a more up-to-date look.

My 127 (which I recently sold) was also registered as a 110- definately not a home build either (it was an ex Scottish Power Vehicle). I breifly looked into getting the DVLA to change the log book but it really was not worth the hassel.

It un-settled me to start with, but after I taxed and MOT'd it for the first time I stopped worrying.

Good luck with the tipper conversion.

Hi,

thanks in advance

127/130 have never been factory fitted with Alloy wheels, they now get the XD/Wolf heavy duty steel wheels.

not worth changing the V5 as there is nothing in the VIN number to state it's a 127, the very first ones were factory converted to 127 inch wheelbase by LR's special vehicles dept, then the chassis became a full production line version without the 17 inch extension welded in,the main chassis rails were formed to the correct length.

Thanks for the replys.

As it seems well documented for 127's to be 110's :rolleyes: then I ll just leave it as is.

I currently have just the bog standard steel wheels on but fancied something different, the Blindo wheels might be worth a go!

Early 127s were registered as 110s

Is yours a crew cab? - if so does it have square door bottoms on the 2nd row doors?

Mine is a single cab, it has the single cab rear bulkhead/seatbox fitted and then an extended 110 tub on it. I ll use it as is for now but ideally i would like it to be a tipper.

Whilst I was researching the chassis number meanings on

Chassis numbers explained

I saw that the 'H' relates to a 110" or a 147" wheelbase....... does this mean I can add an extra 20"?!! :ph34r::ph34r::D

• 2 weeks later...