OME shocks

To be fair there is not alot wrong with standard OE Dampers. they do exactly what they are designed to do very well.

The down side is OE don't come in lenghths to cope with lifts/extreme travel etc. This is where your aftermarket dampers come in. Also if you were to drive heavily offroad ie: overland with a heavily laden vehicle or racing etc - you will quickly find that your OE oil filled dampers will overheat and fade/ become inneficient. the gas OME'S will fair much better for longer, keeping cooler.

Steve

IIRC N44 & N45 Dampers on my 110, only ever had these or the standard LR dampers, so not able to advise if Terrafirma or others are any better or worse,

OME steering damper works fine, it doesn't affect the self centre which has always been good on my truck.

Just to add a bit, nowadays LR OE shoxs are also gas filled. I also find OMEs a bit pricey for what you get. At the end I decided to get regulable Rancho 9000 adjustable for the same $. I think the best are Koni and Bilstein (expensive though).

MK

Just fitted a set of OME dampers to my 2006 90 std height and in all fairness im a bit disapointed with them not much difference from OE setup . so why all the praises about ome suspension :huh: :huh:

What difference were you expecting? I dont suppose they will feel a lot different if there were no faults with the originals or if you push these further than the originals would handle. Kamdiffs Steve sums it up really. I'll be replacing with OEM when i do mine as i dont want anything particulary radical from them.