Plastic Front Wings - Snorkel Fittings

gruntus

Gents,

The 90 rebuild gathers momentum.....

One of my wings has perforations through it and the other has the old 2.5TD snorkel cut through it. Rather than watch with tears as the paint bubbles through in 6 months time I thought I would go new.

So for £130ish I can get two new plastic wings!

So first off is there any issues fitting the palstic wings or dodgy suppliers to avoid?

2nd I now have a 200TDi Defender engine fitted and all the right induction kit and air filters to go with it.

Sooooo... I thought I would order a passenger side wing with the side vents and fit a pucker 200TDi snorkel.

What snorkel kit should I go for and does anyone have the right part numbers for the two wings (Uncle Ralph where are you? :D )

Thanks for your advice as always.

G :)

front wing part numbers pages 777 to 781 I don't have any numbers for the plastic side panels or know who sells them.

200tdi air intake parts for wing side panel

Cheers Ralph! :D Hope you are keeping well, we havent chatted in a while (read as I havent asked for any part numbers for a while! :D )

I spotted them on the Land Rover mags and quick search spotted some here.

I think the original LR part numbers are used for reference to get the equivelant plastic item.

I take it the 200TDi wings only have a vent on the passenger side (for obvious reasons)?

Cheers

G :)

I take it the 200TDi wings only have a vent on the passenger side (for obvious reasons)?

Yes, but nothing to stp you fitting a 300Tdi side panel to gain the air intake on that side.

Ah yes I have sen those before, just idn't take much notice of the supplier, because I don't need any.

I have 2 plastic wings from Paddocks, well impressed with there quality and matching to the originals. Not sure who makes them, I think it may be britpart these ones. done some trial fitting and all looks good.

as far as snorkel goes, I'm making a horse shoe shaped backing plate from some 3mm alu to support it on the inside of the panel.

Mav

Another update, I actually properly fitted passanger side wing the other night, wasn't happy to find the bolt holes along the top of the wing where 10mm out of alignment with the inner/top pannel, so had to elongate them - not really a problem as the blastic is quite easy to drill, but again very frustrating, Britpart stuff just doesn't seem to fit very well at all.

I just fitted up 2 door sill seals too, all the holes again where drilled in the wrong places, so be aware. the panel itself looks good though.