plus 5 shocks

hi, on my trialer i currently have tomcat trial springs with plus 5 rough country shocks with pin pin fixings, these are nearing the end of there life now i think, it bounces too much on the back end i think, i bought them 4 years ago so they havnt been bad. the options im looking at is terrafirma plus 5, es9000 and rough country. which are going to be the best, im leaning towards terrafirma to be honest because of the 20mm shaft but it would be good to hear your opinions.

many thanks

hamish.

I Just fitted terrafirma +5's too, so +1 for them haha!

I guess it depends on your budget- usually OME wins hands down if you have the bucks.

The shaft on the terrafirma's truly is massive! they seem pretty decent quality to me. Haven't actually been able to use them yet, still building the car.

We ran +5 remote res terrafirma dampers on both our trucks on the Transilvania trophy this year. they are superb. no probs and good ride with them. also they are adjustable too.

just to add to this I ran with the +5 with non-remote reservoir's in the 09 TAT and two did fail (seals went so the oil and gas leaked) probably due to my springs being to soft... But this year i upped my spring rates, switch to the remote reservoir ones and they were prefect even held together (ie did not bend) when my A frame ball joint parted from the axle on one section.

if doing non-speed challenges i would have stuck with the standard +5's

paul

I was under the impression that one needs something like a 3-link setup at the front to get any decent articulation? Because of this, I haven't attempted to fit +5 shocks at the front.

Can anybody convince me that I should be riding with +5's on the front with stock radius arms rather than a pair of ES9000's? If not, I would suggest you just get some ES9000's and be done with it sir. (after all, they're only £25 a pop, half of the TF +5's!)

personaly i wouldnt bother with plus 5 shocks on the front, i run standard length rough country shocks on the front, the amount of travel i have on the back more than makes up for it, there isnt many times i get cross axled, i just want a better shock that might stiffen up the back end, with the tomcat springs its a bit bouncy at times.

ive moved from OME +2 all round to +5 TF's all round, they are justs as good for damping as the OME and they are pretty hefty. i dont use my truck for any comps or any thing though. on the front i think there is an improvment in articultation wheel drops out much more but thats might just be a plalecebo effect im looking at :) but it does seem better