fuel efficency 90

I'm sure LRO did an article on this a few years ago.

As folk have said though, road tyres properly inflated, a well serviced engine so its running as efficiently as possible, then onto the weight loss.

Remove any bolt on kit like roof racks and snorkels, ditch all unneccesary carp from the back such as tools/spares/etc

Also worth checking to ensure none of the brakes are binding causing drag and that all the wheel bearings etc are in good condition.

If your still not there, start removing body panels :P

Also depends where your driving it. It'll be much easier to attain 30mpg sitting at 56mph on the inside lane of the M6 behind a 44tonner than it will driving round the local lanes.

That's because it's downhill Steve :P

I'd like to see 30mpg from my 110 when it's done, at the moment it's doing 26mpg with 265 ATs, so I'm hoping that when I have it sitting on road tyres at the correct pressures, and I have serviced the engine/gearboxes, I might be able to get close to 30mpg. If driven conservatively!

It did 24mpg on a run to West Hampshire and back, but it was loaded with five people and the back literally full of gear :)

leave it at home and buy a small diesel eurobox and get 55mpg. depending on the mileage you do it'll pay for itself in about 1 year....

otherwise, as others have said. drive like a saint, remove all the weight you can and airflow problems like cages and snorkels, use road tyres, give the drive train a bloody good service. ( * )

( * )

interestingly, the cost of rebuilding all the brakes and hubs etc and nice fancy oils will probably take several years to recoup on the fuel you save....

leave it at home and buy a small diesel eurobox and get 55mpg. depending on the mileage you do it'll pay for itself in about 1 year....

otherwise, as others have said. drive like a saint, remove all the weight you can and airflow problems like cages and snorkels, use road tyres, give the drive train a bloody good service. ( * )

( * )

interestingly, the cost of rebuilding all the brakes and hubs etc and nice fancy oils will probably take several years to recoup on the fuel you save....

Agreed. It's vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick. That, along with quite a bit of inbuilt transmission drag and other factors coupled to an elderly power-plant means you are never going to achieve a great deal of fuel efficiency and get anywhere reasonably quickly.

Stick to proper servicing and lubricants and learn to read the road and use the gears / brakes efficiently. Drive as though you have an eggshell between your foot and the accelerator and a shallow bowl of eggs suspended over you head ;)

Well my 300 110 does 28mpg, butI worked out the equivalent mpg, as I'm running on 50% veg, at 79ppl for veg ( usual price), and 115 for dino, it equates to 33mpg, BUT at the special deal I got thro tesco's with a BOGOF deal, at 42ppl it works out to a stagering 41mpg!!, only got about 200 ltrs left now tho!