wing top mounted snorkey and heater inlet...

Maverik

Engine air intake and heater air intake....

Now this has baffled me for a while now, not having an info on it, but how does this work?

Does anyone have a parts diagram of the bits you need?

post-20087-074023600 1284466699_thumb.jpg - its a fully winterised/waterproof royal marines jobby I belive.

Thanks

Mav

Engine air intake and heater air intake....

Now this has baffled me for a while now, not having an info on it, but how does this work?

Does anyone have a parts diagram of the bits you need?

post-20087-074023600 1284466699_thumb.jpg - its a fully winterised/waterproof royal marines jobby I belive.

Thanks

Mav

The Marines use the wing top vent for the snorkel and the heater intake is moved to the side of the wing using a S3 vent (above and forward of the N/S wheel arch)

nrc9107 'pipe and bracket assembly, all gets vey expensive so I made one out of black plastic gutter down pipe. Works very well for me as I need to go through 3 feet of water each winter, but it is on a tarmac road. I claim no credit for the plastic snorkel idea or photo’s which where gleamed from some forum that I forget. The photo's show dimensions if you can get one fabbed up.

post-2553-074792600 1284487080_thumb.jpg

post-2553-007876600 1284487099_thumb.jpg

yep , its an winterised/wader FFR. The heater intake is in the front of the wing ala Series3, the normal heater inlet then mounts the snorkel pipe setup as per Paddy's pics. Its really for use with the 2.5NA engine that dosnt have air intakes on the wings and where the only option is one of these or a Mantec jobbie.

don't know-im guessing the wing inlet to heater duct has a 'duckbill' like a standard defender heater inlet to drain off water?

My 110 is winterised but non wading.

I did have 2 of the snorkel elbows in Paddy's pics but sold them Ebay, I have a Mantec snorkle on mine that comes through the wing top/upper area of the NS wing panel.