Challenge truck 90% complete. but need help

chris_oakley

200 tdI AUTO TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER HOSES.

I CANT FIND ANYONE IN NORFOLK WHO CAN A. BUILD ME NEW ONES. OR B. WHO WILL BE WILLING TO SWAG THE ORIGINAL PIPE SO I CAN USE HYDRAULIC HOSE WITH JUBULIEE FITTINGS.

CAN ANYBODY SHED SOME LIGHT INTO WHAT ACTUAL THREAD SIZE THE NUTS ARE THAT FIT ON THE AUTO BOX.

EVERY FIRM IVE BEEN TO COME ALONG RUMAGE AROUND IN THERE STORES AND SAY NAH MATE SORRY WE HAVNT GOT ANYTHING IN THAT SIZE CANT HELP!!! GRRRRR

SEEMS LIKE THAT NO-ONE THESE DAYS ARE INTRESTED IN A BIT OF A CHALLENGE TO FIND OUT WEATHER THEY CAN ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING OR GET ANYTHING WHICH WILL BE RIGHT.

ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GOOD CHEERS.

CHRIS.

Whilst our truck was in for a rebiuld and auto box last winter, a larger cooler was plumbed in to the g/box ( with a leccy fan on a temp switch) I think the garage used a company called pirtek, Who made um up from scratch, I dont know how much they were though, sorry, Hope you have some sucess soon though

Get a long length of ATF resistant hose, some bayonet fittings and some proper hose clamps (not jubilee clips!) and make your own.

IIRC the box itself is M16 but it has an adaptor screwed into it. Just unscrew the adaptor and take it to a hydraulics place. They can then supply an adaptor to suit the pipe fittings they will also supply you... if that makes sense.... :unsure:

The last time I used Pirtek- a few years ago now I went on a saturday morning about 11 am and asked them to do some swaging for cash it was for some oil cooler pipework off of a disco 200 tdi conversion into a 110 they did it for me £20 cash

John

David Llama is your salvation.

He has made up autobox to cooler hoses

V8 serpentine to remote oil filter to TDi rad hoses

Power steering hoses..

He was not cheap, but we got what we paid for, good quality hoses, with a sensible approach to fittings. He came out to us and measured up as they were all specials (Whitbread buggy, engine moved back 14.5") with a 200TDi rad.

Have a look at the Llama 4x4 site to get his number and then give him a ring....

HP22 are IIRC imperial which would explain the 7/8 nut on it. The pipe itself is 16mm or 18mm on later ones and the P38 HP22/24. My Kenlowe rad is simply spliced in to the steel pipe, I didn't need the pipe swading as the cooling systme is low-pressure, around 1 bar I'm told.

The length of pipe in steel is calcuated as a cooling surface though so if you replace with rubber it won't cool as much.

You may also find 2 different types of adapter in the hp22, one used O rings and the earlier one looks like a single flare. That's when I found out the adapter is 7/8 and a ring spanner didn't fit qithout filing a tiny bit of the casing.