Fitting a radio to a 2a

Tank

Just a point - is it a modern -ve earth radio? Do you have the +ve earth dynamo still fitted in your vehicle?

If so the radio will have to be mounted so that it is isolated from the bodywork, including the aerial lead screen & speaker leads, and the correct polarity observed.

A better option would be to fit an alternator & convert to -ve earth.

Do you have a cubby box or just the centre seat? Putting the radio in the cubby box is always a good option.

Otherwise what sort of roof have you got? It is pretty easy to make some kind of shelf or mounting pod above the windscreen line and mount the radio and the speakers in that. If you want to spend lots of money, lasalle do a roof lining with a radio housing built in...

Couple of ideas for you

Cheers

Mark

Firstly it is -ve earth so thats fine

I have built he speakers into the doors. it is just the problem of mounting the radio. i dont have a cubby box, otherwise that would have suited. i think i will just have to go for the original option and see what i can do.

thanks to you both

oh yeah and it s a soft top so couldnt put them on the roof.

Don't know how tall you are but you could try it underneath the dash (probably on the drivers side) where there would be enough room for it to sit properly.

Halfrauds do a bolt in surround for a standard single DIN hadunit, much like how many defenders were when they left the factory...

Cheers

Mark