Mud Monsters off road club, 3rd Oct punch hunt/winch challenge

Ruuman

The Mud Monsters offroad club will be hosting its first winch challenge/punch hunt on 3rd Oct at our 150 acre site in East Grinstead, West sussex.

Open to all makes, all types. This will be a 40 punch challenge with taped sections and a timed special stage. Punches will range from easy to impossible so a defender with a winch can do well, but will also make the big boys work for their points.

Were really pleased to be sponsored by gigglepin, red winches and the offroad armoury and will have trophies and prizes for the class winners and runners up including a £50 gigglepin voucher.

Cost is £35 to club members. If your not a member you can join on the day. A years membership to the club is 25pounds

A full flyer for the event is here, covering class rules etc: http://www.mud-monsters.co.uk/newsletters/winch_flyer_3rd_oct.pdf

To book a place £10 deposit can be paid here http://www.mud-monsters.co.uk/pay.html via pay-pal, your information pack will then be emailed out.

Your more than welcome to camp on Sat night and have a few beers and a free BBQ with us.

Were hoping to put on 4 comps a year at the moment as well as our monthly pay and plays, camping and night driving events. Come and see us at London to Brighton, we will have a big stand setup with lots of fun stuff.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Glad to hear it Richy, can I confirm you got your info pack ok?

Cheers

ruu

Not today (monday) but our posty lives next door, so im sure it will be here soon, Due to time constraints i guess i can fill it in n bring it with me ?? Truck almost ready, just a few new shiney bits to fit tomorrow, And a jolly good wash n brush up,

Hi Richy,

we do all our correspondence via email, so the forms will have gone to your paypal email address, or whatever email address you registered when you paid. Yes we do membership on the day and will have spare forms and such. Truck registration happens when you turn up and get issued your punch card etc.

Let me know if there's any problems, I'm really looking fwd to it hopefully weather will be good too.

Cheers

Ruu

I've been looking at the website as thinking of joining and doing the pay and play days - i can't see an address though? do you ned to be a member to get the location?

Not sure why the location is not on the website, however contact details are here.

http://www.mud-monsters.co.uk/contact.php

Also, is this the same place that used to be the Mud Factory?

No it's not, a much bigger site to the south of East Grinstead.

I've been looking at the website as thinking of joining and doing the pay and play days - i can't see an address though? do you ned to be a member to get the location?

Also, is this the same place that used to be the Mud Factory?

cheers

Hi Leon,

We don't advertise the location of the site as want to try and keep the site for genuine offroaders rather than people who just want to drive like twats and smash up whatever car they have stolen that morning. This is also one of the reason we have switched to members only. If you interested in joining send me a PM or call the number on the website and were give you the details.

Were a friendly all makes club of more than 100 members and rapidly growing, quite a few are LR4x4 members too. Your more than welcome to pop down and spectate at the winch challenge and see what were all about.

As SJ_4x4 said, it's not the mud factory, way bigger.

Good to see the site is being opened a bit to more people, although I can't say I'm rushing to dish out £50 for the first go...

Shame as the site is literally 5 mins from home.

If your only 5mins down the road why not pop along Sunday too, I know £50quid is a lot the first time, but end of the day how much does any other club's membership cost? We hold a lot of genuine off-road events all through the year (min 1 a month). Next year we hope to do even more. But if you do want to spectate please try and wear a yellow hi vis, send me a PM if you have any questions

Good to see the site is being opened a bit to more people, although I can't say I'm rushing to dish out £50 for the first go...

The £25 membership fee is a small price to pay to avoid all the scrotes that have ruined all the local pay'n'play sites.

This Sunday I'm working unfortunately, but I will try and come along some time. I guess £25 membership isn't too bad if the club is very well run and events are regular, it's just money is mega tight at the moment. I will try and get over there to spectate some day, I suppose the least I can do is give you the benefit of the doubt :)

I understand about not advertising the site address - I didn't even think about idiots deciding to find their own way in and thrash dodgy motors around...

I can't make this weekend, which is a shame as I'd like to see what goes on at a winch challenge, but I will see if I can join up and make the pay and play on the 24th