Shockers and MOT

Just been crawling under my 90 to start a list of MOT needs and noticed the inner side of the outer sheath of my rear shockers have got holes in them. okay more like a sausage which has burst.

as the shockers still do their bit do i need to replace them? and if so am i as well changing the coils at the same time, might as well take all the skin off my knuckles at once?

i am trying to keep the truck standard as much as poss but wonder if anyone has any suggestions shiocks and coils wise, for improving it's on road behaviour.

If the shock is not leaking and the bushes are OK then it should pass the MOT.

Having said that, they can't have long to go if they are in the state you describe!

If your springs are behaving there is no need to replace them when you replace the shocks, although you will have to remove the front springs though (obviously).

If the shock is not leaking and the bushes are OK then it should pass the MOT.

Having said that, they can't have long to go if they are in the state you describe!

If your springs are behaving there is no need to replace them when you replace the shocks, although you will have to remove the front springs though (obviously).

Having just done mine I went thru the engine bay, removed the dust covers on wheel arch above the turrets and unbolted shock from axle and unbolted turret from chassis, lifted clear and removed shock from turret - probably easier than removing springs etc (certainly if no ready access to large axle stands etc)

I'd be inclined to replace them as soon as cash allows, they can't be far from death and if it lets go suddenly at the wrong moment it might be expensive!