rubber vent seals

callum

anyone know who'll sell me some? part no muc4299

ordered some from brit car, but they sent me the new foam type, which is no good. difficult to tell if someone is going to send me the rubber type i wan't unfortunately, so if anyone knows of a company that does sell them, it will save me lots of phoning around. lrseries have one pictured, but their blurb says they only have the foam type. a few folk list it under that part number, but i dont want to end up with contless bits of foam at £8 a pop at each go.

thanks

callum

Callum try LR Series or your nearest LR main dealer. IMHO the foam version are not worth the effort.

just seen this note Please note picture is old spec rubber, new spec is adhesive foam at bottom of the part page in the link above, maybe the rubber version are no longer available

island 4x4 show the rubber ones here

Paddocks too

rimmerbros

google results

you should be able to find a set from that lot :D

Personally I find the foam-rubber ones seal much better than the old rubber ones.

When I fitted my new bulkhead a few years ago I fitted brand-new rubber ones but they never provided an air/water tight seal, after a few weeks I removed them and replaced them with the foam-rubber ones which to this day perform excellently.

i would try the foam ones, but the paintwork where the rubber ones were is not good, so i need to put some fresh rubber ones back to make things look neat.

i'll give the suggestions above a try, island 4x4 ones seem a good price, of course maybe i should give brit car a chance to exchange them.