quick dislocation question ??

If you have +2inch shocks and +2 inch springs you are probably not getting much in the way of dislocation because there isn't enough stroke in your shocks as you have lifted springs taking up the excess shock stroke over stock shocks.

Personnally I would fit a +3 or +4 shock onto it to get the extra travel. But be aware that different brands ideas of +2 of +4 inch shocks are different, just put the shorter +2 OME shocks next to the +2 pro comp items to see. I presently run +2inch OME springs with +4 pro comps on the back of my discovery and that has plenty of drop out and still pushes well up into the arches such that I need a pretty heavy camel cut running 235/85 R16

Hope this helps

Ryck

It also depends on what the poundage rate is like on your springs, Quite alot of lift springs are too hard and that will stop them dislocating as the spring that is being compressed cant reach its full travel. So dont go changing your shocks immediately.

If you use plus 4" shocks on standard mounts you run the risk of bottoming the shocks out as they are partly compressed under normal use.

As Toyroverlander pointed out dislocating springs arent exactly helpful as there is no weight on that particular wheel which means it tends to just spin up unless you have a locker.

What springs are you using?

Dave.

It also depends on what the poundage rate is like on your springs, Quite alot of lift springs are too hard and that will stop them dislocating as the spring that is being compressed cant reach its full travel. So dont go changing your shocks immediately.

If you use plus 4" shocks on standard mounts you run the risk of bottoming the shocks out as they are partly compressed under normal use.

As Toyroverlander pointed out dislocating springs arent exactly helpful as there is no weight on that particular wheel which means it tends to just spin up unless you have a locker.

What springs are you using?

Dave.

Yes, Thankfully me OME springs compress up very nicely so the other side can gain drop out. As for the shocks bottoming out in normal use or in articulation I haven't had any issues with mine as I found that OME springs are pretty high for a 2inch lift so pair well to the +4 pro comp shocks as +2 OME shocks are really rather short being about an inch shorter than +2 pro comps.

Cheers