Bulkhead advice please

Shant

Could anyone give me some advice please?

I have, what was, a new Td5 bulkhead. A little bit dented, but never fitted. It's been lying in the barn for a few too many months now, and when I went to retrieve it, found that it has a good covering of surface rust.

I had only left it there as a temporary thing, but it became a rather long time! What should I do to restore it? Can anyone advise me please? TIA

I was thinking of that....well, the shotblasting part, but wouldn't galvanising it just warp it? If I had to make a cage for it, it would take me another year.....unless of course there's a galvaniser who has a cage already......I wonder? I have heard cold galvanising spray leaves a poor finish

I was planning on bracing the A-pillar feet with a bar for the galvanising. That should keep that critical dimension in check :)

My 2006 bulkhead has surface rust already, so it's definitely being done.

Now that's an idea! Sounds good.

When do you plan on doing it? Maybe I should wait and see how it turns out for you....or vice versa!

Nothing technically, I was going to rely on the structure of the thing to stop it doing to.

I guess one could build a box-section frame which picked up on the windscreen mounts, but the trouble is the more places you fasten things to it the more places you are depriving of galvanisation. My plan for the bottom frame was to have two M12 rods which pass through the bottom feet holes and hold them in mid air, if you will, rather than bolting up against something.