BC's 2nd biggest Land Rover Event

Greg S

The Vancouver Island Laager in the Valley happens this weekend. June 10th & 11th. The back field will start loading up with Land Rovers of every description Friday night and after a wild weekend of potato chips, pop and talk, we'll wind the event up Sunday with an off-road drive. Saturday has a pleasant afternoon "no sctratch" drive but the Sunday drive has some rough areas and off-camber. The Pot-luck dinner Saturday night is followed by fire-side chat and outdoor movies.

I'll post more information after it is over. This is our 4th annual event and the first year it is called a "Laager" (SA for camp protected by circled wagons) (come-on, don't you read Wilber Smith?)

Previous events can be seen at our site at http://www.topicalisland.com/vanislelandrovers/ under the Photo gallery and Events sections. A write up about last years event can be read at http://www.topicalisland.com/vanislelandro...005-article.htm

Plan to be here next year, the weekend before the Canadian Father's Day.

Greg S

Like they say! "Build it and they will come."

I set the place up, and they came. It was a great weekend! Entertainment that you can't buy---anywhere. We had about 25 Land Rovers of every style; 60 or so people and a great time. The neighbour came over the day before and walked his big tractor back and forth in the wet area next to my irrigation pond. The mud pit was the best yet. The Saturday drive was good and the dinner even better. Those that spent the night joined us for breakfast at a local eatery and we went on a 30 kilometer drive (okay, I admit it took 5 1/2 hours and was pobably less than 30 K). The weather was spectacular and all that is left is to take down the shelter.

Greg S

• 1 month later...
Like they say! "Build it and they will come."

And if the rest of you wait a month or so, you'll be able to read about it. Land Rover Monthly is supposed to be having a 5 page write up and photos about it.

I don't know what month it is coming out in but the deadline for the author to have it submitted was four weeks ago. Put my guess at the August edition. Should arrive on our book shelves late September.

GS

(Is this site a bit slow or is it my imagination?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...