Suspension.............

Have asked elsware but again

I want to raise the suspension by 1 inch approx

I am also going to put/engineer a H14 pto winch on a heavy duty bumper on the front

I have a fairly new set of koni shocks on the rear axle

I've been happy with them

So what springs would I need on the rear axle and can I get away with the koni shocks on standard shock mounts or will need to get a lowering set? for the lift/extra travel?

At the moment I have standard spring mounts on the front axle and standard shocks that I am thinking about replacing with another set of koni or will I need to get longer shocks?

As I'm going to put the H14 and bumper on what springs would I need to achieve a 1 inch lift and what about new shocks would the koni be ok

Would I need to get new spring mounts? or will the standard LR ones ok?

Thanks for any replies

Steve

Well shocks won't alter ride height but you might want to change them later to extend or alter the range of travel.

Ride height can be done with springs and/or spacers. Whay do you want +1" though? This will also raise your COG which may be further compromised by bigger tyres.

What springs are fitted currently and what are the springs compressed lengths in each corner with the truck resting on level ground?

To get it right you really need to get the H14 fitted and with drive, fuel and usual load go get the truck on a wiegh bridge, you want wieght on front and rear axles. We could assume but then you'll not get the best out of the setup.

For the most tunable setup I'm thinking coilovers are the way to go but we can get good VFM from LR bits and bobs first :)

Well shocks won't alter ride height but you might want to change them later to extend or alter the range of travel.

Ride height can be done with springs and/or spacers. Whay do you want +1" though? This will also raise your COG which may be further compromised by bigger tyres.

What springs are fitted currently and what are the springs compressed lengths in each corner with the truck resting on level ground?

To get it right you really need to get the H14 fitted and with drive, fuel and usual load go get the truck on a wiegh bridge, you want wieght on front and rear axles. We could assume but then you'll not get the best out of the setup.

For the most tunable setup I'm thinking coilovers are the way to go but we can get good VFM from LR bits and bobs first :)

cant you use RRC springs which are slightly longer yet resolves the brake pipe length issue (although you wouldnt need to at plus1's

• 3 weeks later...