V8 - 200tdi conversion

Outdoor Ed

I have a 3 door V8 disco, that I want to change to a 200tdi. I have a LT77s gearbox on the Disco can I just bolt a 200tdi straight onto the gearbox or do I need to faff around changing the gearbox too. the gearbox is solid and being the LT77s has a useful things like a series clutch fork, which is much better than the pressed types.

I know I need to put a return fuel line into the fuel tank for the diesel, put a different air box in and a fuel filter, and I was just going to put a switch on the dash for the heater plugs.

will a 200tdi fit on my gearbox?

Cheers

I have a 3 door V8 disco, that I want to change to a 200tdi. I have a LT77s gearbox on the Disco can I just bolt a 200tdi straight onto the gearbox or do I need to faff around changing the gearbox too. the gearbox is solid and being the LT77s has a useful things like a series clutch fork, which is much better than the pressed types.

I know I need to put a return fuel line into the fuel tank for the diesel, put a different air box in and a fuel filter, and I was just going to put a switch on the dash for the heater plugs.

will a 200tdi fit on my gearbox?

Cheers

The engine mounting brackets will require moving.

You might get away with just swapping the bellhousing, but you'll need to make a custom spigot bearing, as the V8 spigot shaft is 3/4" and the TDi is 7/8"

I am going to do this swap in the 110 and the gearbox will not fit the 200tdi.

I am going to have to fit engine and boxes from the tdi.

How do you mean "wont fit"?

You will need to fit a Tdi bellhousing to the V8 box.

The 200tdi will not fit straight in after taking the V8 out. So I will leave the tdi intact with its boxes to fit that in and remove the LT85 or maybe the other way round may be best :rolleyes: