Bonnet hinge bush dimensions

Maverik

Does anyone have to hand primarily the diameter of those annoying plastic hinge bushes on the defender bonnet hinge. My bonnet seem sto chew them up so I'm going to try and make some brass ones.

Or conversely does anyone know of any brass ones around?

Cheers

Mav

the slot is offset,so you'll have to get that spot on or the bonnet won't open properly. brass will wear more quickly than the plastic/rubber versions,

have you fitted them the right way round, the thinnest wall should be nearest the bulkhead with bonnet open.

Does anyone have to hand primarily the diameter of those annoying plastic hinge bushes on the defender bonnet hinge. My bonnet seem sto chew them up so I'm going to try and make some brass ones.

Or conversely does anyone know of any brass ones around?

Cheers

Mav

The part number is 346849, it's on page N140 in the parts catalogue.

If you ever need to replace the standard plastic ones, get them from a dealer. I got some "pattern" ones, not only where they too big diameter wise to go in the bit attached to the bulkhead but they are also made from an inferior material - they broke in half at the slot.

Genuine parts ones are not very expensive - fit beautifully and are made out of a completely different plastic.

When I put the bushes in this way... there is like a fat fingers size gap between the bonnet and the wing, you actually see into the engine bay, it look extremely peculiar... so is that the "proper" way to do it? if you put it in the other way around the bonnet sits lower...

post-20087-027511400 1285234547_thumb.jpg