Britpart goods

g&t

Recently I posted a problem with a cowl/shroud mating to a Britpart radiator. The problem was resolved thanks to a forum member & I said I would duly report on the performance of the radiator, but I've yet to cover sufficient mileage to comment. What I can report on though is a front screen washer pump, supplied by 'you-know-who' that has lasted barely seven months & less than 900 miles :angry: By the end of this week it will have been replaced by a genuine LR unit (that I was unable to scource at short notice last time) so better luck this time I hope.

Send it back! If everyone who complained on this forum about Britpart actually took that time to send the parts back I reckon something might eventually change. Any business getting such a high number of returns would start looking back to their suppliers/manufacturers.

under 12 months for a washer pump is unacceptable. Get a refund or replacement. Why should you pay out again for another one?

ok, I've held this in, but not now.

I have held my breath with Britpart hopeing it was all smoke but I not haven't had any parts from them that actually fitted first time! before I knew the reputation I had bought a stack of door seals, heater control cables, and verious other bits and pieces. The quality of the seals, rubber, profile etc look great... BUT they just don't fit! any pre drilled holes for rivets etc are all out, the pitch can be out by 5mm, so frickin annoying as you can't correct this easily. Heater cables too short? 25mm!!!!! whats that about? money saving? bad quality control? even those plastic lokuts things, the plastic is too hard and they are too brittle... I just got sent a timeing belt tensioner pulley ended up being Britpart, no way is that going near my engine.

The starter motor is britpart, unfortuantly I had to fit it, but when I did, the solanoid negative actually, ACTUALLY touched the red posetive battery feed when installed, had to modifie it to make it safe!! Its rediculous and extremly annoying the very small STUPID problems with the parts! half shaft caps... split after a week of putting them on... the list goes on, and that only the small no critically safe parts... its disgusting and such a waste of time that company, I know Land rover has certainly changed hands many times since the good old days, but I cannot see that there quality standards have been lowered so much as to accept Britpart parts if it did then I certianly wouldn't be touching any new landy anytime soon.

Rant over, sorry.

To be honest, the only time I ever order Britpart is by mistake for instance when I need to order a mass of parts and don't get round to making sure every part is non-britpart :(

Just had to fit my lift pump so going to have to buy a spare as I can't trust it :(

Luck has nothing to do with it

Buying Bripart is more like playing russian roulette with a fully chamber revolver

They exist becuase people are daft enough to think its cheap,

can't be that bad, and will save themselves loads a money

Nige

I agree with your drift Nige but even those of us who prefer to fit genuine & are prepared to pay for it come un-stuck if the LR parts are no longer available, like my rad for example. Some forum members counter that by shouting 'don't go to BP, use Bearmach or Allmake' but all these people are only agents(?) so where do they scource their parts?

I would guess it's China we are talking about.

Some parts are actually not too bad as long as they a just a dead lump of metal.

I even have britpart CV joints in (since 1.5 years) and had no problems yet. (knock on wood)

However, I had a bp coolant pump and that made it 3000 miles...utterly useless. Here in NZ it looks like there are actually quite a lot of aftermarket suppliers for lr parts, at least standart parts like coolant pumps, alternators and so on, of which I have never heard in Europe.

Although I knew better, some parts are just that much cheaper that I couldnt resist and you either spend time in improving them where you can, changing them more frequently where it makes sense avoiding them where it's wise to do, or you buy original.

I'm not dissapointed by bp, I see it as a challenge.

Luck has nothing to do with it

Buying Bripart is more like playing russian roulette with a fully chamber revolver

Nige

Further to my reply on the 23rd (I've been away since the 27th) here's another update!

Genuine LR front screen washer pump fitted by independant last Fri 24th, to replace faulty 7 month old BP unit which is being returned under warranty claim. Motor runs but no fluid to the jets :angry: remember this is a genuine LR component! Sent back to main stealer & replacement due to be fitted later this week, I'll post the results! Just covered 630 miles trip (most of it at motorway speeds - no probs so far with BP rad.

B-P CV joint wear out faster or collapse, they aren't as strong as OEM. I don't fit B-P bearings, pump or any moving part I can avoid.

Then again I've had other unbranded part fail just as quick.

But for part your can't get anywhere else you have o be thnakful that someone makes them. Window lift channels to name one.

They really do need to raise their game though.