Desperate 200tdi fuel pump information before tomorrow.

Landowner

Have a problem.

Fitted a 'new' fuel pump to 200tdi today but it did not have the piece that the cambelt wheel fixes on to.

So....I pulled he circular plate off the old pump and tried to fit it to the new pump.

The plate fits on to the tapered shaft that protrudes from the pump and the shaft has a woodruff key slot in it but the circular disc (the one that you stick a drill bit in to time it when changing the belt) doesn'thave a slot.

So how to you get the thing together in the right place please.. :D:blink::D

With any luck at all - there'll be a stain where the woodruff key slot has left a mark and that's what you use to fit the hub. You have a bit of a problem if you can't align it yourself, as this is a factory setting.

Les.

Ta very much.

Just my luck that the bloke I bought the pump off decided to remove the hub for some reason

I'll probably end up having to retime the pump if I cant guess it, never have any luck :)<_<

Ta very much.

Just my luck that the bloke I bought the pump off decided to remove the hub for some reason

I'll probably end up having to retime the pump if I cant guess it, never have any luck :)<_<

Had a word with the supplier today and he insists that he sent the pump intact and that the hub was on it.

The hub has to be pulled off with a substantial puller so either someone has removed the cambelt and then used a puller to get the drivebelt wheel off the pump in which case the hub would have come with it or the supplier has put the wrong pump in the box when he posted it and sent me a duff one.

watch this space.. :blink: :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a word with the supplier today and he insists that he sent the pump intact and that the hub was on it.

The hub has to be pulled off with a substantial puller so either someone has removed the cambelt and then used a puller to get the drivebelt wheel off the pump in which case the hub would have come with it or the supplier has put the wrong pump in the box when he posted it and sent me a duff one.

watch this space.. :blink: :blink:

Well my pump is in the post so should be running for Wednesday if it's any good, fingers crossed eh :rolleyes:

Well my pump is in the post so should be running for Wednesday if it's any good, fingers crossed eh :rolleyes:

Heyyyy,

'New' pump on and cam belt but still wont run much above tickover, engine lumpy when trying to rev and loads of white smoke.

Ticks over lovely though.