Ivybridge>South Hams>Devon>South West

orangebean

Just joined the forum and thought I'd say hello.

Returning to Land Rover ownership after a few years. Previous affairs with a 3.5 Disco and a yellow 2.25 Lightweight S3.

In a moment of Eb*y madness I've just acquired a hybrid RR chassied, 3.5 efi (flapper) engined, Defender mashed with S3 bodied collection of parts designed to drive in loose formation, with the added capability of built in weight saving by shedding parts, fluids etc autonomously whilst moving.

Pleasantly surprised by the fuel consumption so far. Achieved an astonishing 114 mpg bringing it back from SW19 to Devon. I suppose some of the credit should go to the AA for recovering it from Fleet Services on the M3 :(

I'm interested in finding diverse ways of getting it muddy and knocking lumps off it close (ish) to home so if any of you out there have any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.

Off to carry on the diagnostics now. Saved the best till last (compression test) and am fully expecting to have to drop another lump into it. Next post will likely be in the Wanted section for a low mileage manual V8 :D

At least I got the screen washers working today- have to prioritise my time...

Nice talking

Mark

Welcome!

You are spoilt for choice

Drive around days and challenge events - 4x4 adventures

Challenge events - Challenge South West

There is also a pay and play site down near Trago Mills I think....

Trago Mills?

Apart from that- thanks Bish

Theres a punch hunt on at pillaton this coming weekend being held by Gnarly laners.(same site that was used for the de-cider). Its an inter club event between them & plymouth off road club.Sure youll be welcome.

Wish I could Adrian- The Mongrel is currently waiting patiently for a rebuilt engine to be dropped in, which is currently sitting on an engine stand waiting for a final checkover, but thanks for the info. Will search for some info on Gnarly Laners though. Many thanks for the info.

Mark