Galvanised Bulkhead

sid65

Hi I have a question that you have all heard before so sorry, I am rebuilding my 90 and have brought a new galv chassis I am now thinking of getting my bulkhead galvanised does any one know how much this will cost and who to take it too who does a good job as I have heard stories of them warping under the heat.Thanks in advance :)

Would help a little if you put an approx location in your profile. FWIW I used Wessex galv in Soton (they have other sites) and am still very pleased. can't recall costs, order of £60 but had to get it shotblasted elsewhere first (same estate though). From experience I'd say the manual (and forklift) handling are more likely to cause distortion than the galv process.

That doesn't sound very cheap.

Someone on one of the forums was saying only last week that he paid £65 for his bulkhead to be done and he was very happy with the result, I followed it up by saying that I paid £60 (inc VAT) for a whole pile of parts (body-cappings, tailgate liner, bumper etc etc) to be done at East Anglian Galvanising in Sawtry a few months ago. I should imagine the amount of parts I had done would be almost equivelant to a bulkhead and included prep, I was also very happy with the finish & service I recieved.

As a comparison, Ashtree quoted me £130 just to have my cappings galvanised. I know they do an all-in service and would have dealt with any quality control issues (had they arrisen) but that is still twice as much money for about a third of the parts.