battery warning light stay on

Tibout

the 2 brown wires to battery

thick brown to power in terminal on starter soleniod

black strap from chassis to bolt item 13 on PAS Pump/Alternator mounting.

Brown wires are battery positive 12v feeds/charging from alternator Do not connect these to chassis/earth points.

Sorry for being so hard to understand. So there's 2 terminal on the starter motor the 2 medium brown goes on one( top terminal) and the big brown goes on the other one( the bottom terminal ?) or is it the other way around? Then the black strap from the chassis rail goes onto bolt 13 alternator/pas. Is that correct?

Thanks so much for your help and dealing with me

Sorry for being so hard to understand. not a problem, happy to help :D

So there's 2 terminal on the starter motor the 2 medium brown goes on one( top terminal) and the big brown goes on the other one( the bottom terminal ?) or is it the other way around? all attach to starter & the thick one will carry on to the battery positive terminal,so the alternator gets it's exciter power from the ignition switch/battery when you start & the starter has power from battery to turn the engine over to start & once the engine is running the alternator charges the battery via the starter connection & thicker wire.

Then the black strap from the chassis rail goes onto bolt 13 alternator/pas. Is that correct? Yes

Thanks so much for your help and dealing with me, happy to help

my replies in bold blue :D

thanks western that's great help. so all the brown goes on one terminal on the starter motor then the the black strap goes on the bolt 13.i'll give that a go tomorrow

really appreciate all your help

kind regards

thierry

Thierry, have you got this sorted yet?

hi lads thanks for asking the light is still on :angry: done a continuity test and all are good, i've earth my alternator from bolt 13, and on negative terminal of battery, all brown wires on starter teminal which goes to battery positive.but light still on all the time. before the battery has drin after a few days but now i've try to charge it after 4 days of using the truck but the charger read 13.1volts and say it's fully charge already. but before i've earth my alternator it would read around 9 to 10 volts and will start charging. so still not sure whats wrong i would'nt mind if it's charging and light stay on

thanks lads

thierry

does the battery/charge light stay on when the engine is switched off & keys are out of ignition switch, if yes, then the alternator has a internal diode fault, it'll need to be repaired or replaced.

if light is out with engine/ign off, is the drive belt correctly tensioned ?