dual front brake pipes?

dirtyninety

For Disco's it normally works back axle either side then front right and then front left, as front right is where the bias and "T" is off for the rear axle circuit, that is how I did the last two and it worked out ok.

Can't find it on my CD at the moment but will look up correct method as per LR.

Thanks guys. The normal way I can do. B-)

It's the dual feed front calipers non ABS I am enquiring about.

The way I described worked perfectly on a 1992 Disco with twin pipe calipers and without ABS

There ain't nothing so special about them, just fluid galleries between the two halves.

Sorry read back my previous posts and I was probably not very specific but you are one of the very, very few surviving set ups of this kind as I usually only saw them on Range Rovers, never really knew what it was all about until this thread came up.

When and if I need new calipers I will swap everything out for a single pipe set up as the dual pipe system that is on mine offers nothing more especially when compared with your set up where it is almost failure proof.

But if you put both my posts together it should make sense ;)

Hmmm! I had a front flexi hose fail on a Volvo estate many years ago when emergency breaking on the approach to a major motorway accident. Towing a caravan at the time! The dual braking system was very similar in layout to my Disco 1. I would not be here now if the second circuit had not provided good brakes that got me stopped on the hard shoulder out of harms way, while the lemmings flashed by and joined the carnage. You wouldn't catch me destroying a well proven safety feature!

I have S/S braided hoses on my S1 (single line system), when out midnight laneing I got stuck in clay but reversed out. Once out the convoy of three LRs went home with me in front. When we reached the first roundabout 1/2 a mile later I hit the brakes only to find that I did not have any.

1/2 a mile of the inner wheel rim rubbing against the hose (caught in the clay) and it was cut through.

Now I am making Disc brake Series axles I have decided against my first thought of making single line brakes using a T piece.

Marc.