Disco 1 300 Tdi after market bumper

Thys

After my Disco 1 300 Tdi's accident I opted for an after market bumper/bull bar as opposed to replacing the Land Rover bumper assembly. The end result was good. I opted for a no-name brand as it was more afordable than the market types. Two interesting comments:

1. I had a Warn winch fitted at Safari Centre Centurion; they battled as the holes in the bumper assembly did not line up with a Warn winch. They did manage to fit the winch after serious modifications.

2. When I collected my repaired Disco I noted higher engine temperatures, remember I measure the head's temperature directly. The cooling system, fans, viscous coupling checked out fine. I then got in under the nose to check out the winch installation and dicovered a gap between the bottom end front of the radiator, and the grille/bumper. I closed the gap with masonite, and the result was remarkable, the engine now runs 13 deg. C cooler. It ran on 110 to 113 deg. C before the modification.

Moral of the story, check out the mods when fitting an after market bumper.

post-4154-008151500 1286130845_thumb.jpg

post-4154-024303900 1286130870_thumb.jpg