Will a 200tdi def/disco engine fit through the rear door on my 90?

dirtyninety

Will a 200tdi def/disco engine fit through the rear door on my 90?

Fancying buying a project engine to learn on and hopefully have a nicely rebuilt engine at the end of it, just wondering how to get it home as i have no trailer license (yet!)

So really, will it fit through the rear door with alt and power steering pump etc and then will is it short enough to fit in my 90 van back tub?

cheers!

Hi Dirty

Thats no prob and there is even room for stuff from the Mall..... :lol:

When I have had them in the back off SWB being 88" or 90" I have used a 3/4" plywood pice to sit them on and the tie them to each corner in the tub, it is not nice having 200kg + tumbling around in the back.

Regards

Ole.

it is not nice having 200kg + tumbling around in the back.

If possible a decent strength strop or similar out under the rear door and attached to the towball or crossmember somehow would be a wise move too... Otherwise the engine might be the last thing that passes through your mind in the event of a front end shunt... :o

I did this successfully with a 200TDi in my Series using a euro pallet that was cut down slightly.

Just remember this is a 200kg lump and have a plan of how you are going to unload it....... I didn't !!

Cheers

Pete

If possible a decent strength strop or similar out under the rear door and attached to the towball or crossmember somehow would be a wise move too... Otherwise the engine might be the last thing that passes through your mind in the event of a front end shunt... :o

That is a VERY VERY sensible idea, I will certainly do that, i value my life! Im 19 ive got things to do yet!

I did this successfully with a 200TDi in my Series using a euro pallet that was cut down slightly.

Just remember this is a 200kg lump and have a plan of how you are going to unload it....... I didn't !!

Cheers

Pete

Hmm yes... pallet tines on the Skid steer will come into play i think!

Cheers chaps!