Pimp my interior!

Righto, as those of you who have been following my build thread will know, I'm doing a complete rebuild of my 110, and my attention has turned to the interior...

I've looked at the various options for headlining/sound deadening/insulation and they all strike me as quite spendy (LaSalle!), especially as the truck at the moment has no headliner (and therefore backing card that I could re-cover) at all.

So have been thinking, how about carpet tiles? Something smart black or dark gray, some proper man-strength adhesive and glue straight onto the Ally roof? Sound feasible or awful?

For the sides, ply-line like this (DIY though, not from Bolt On!), but fibreglass insulation behind (or pukka sound-deadening material) and carpet tile/headlining material in front?

Finally, disco sideways facing fold-up seats. I have a pair of tatty-but-saveable ones from my donor discovery. I was thinking I'd like to fit these to the 110 in place of my seatbelt-less bench seats. A search reveals this threadthat says it can't be done, but somebody on fleabay is selling a truck who has done it? Any ideas gratefully received.

Camping mat. You need sommat waterproof, capming mat fits the bill. As for the ledge of the roof try neoprene pipe lagging - loverly black foam.

For sound try flash band, aspahalt kills noise - don't forget the bonnet - glass is invisible to sound too - so you need to stop it BEFORE!.

G.

I had to look up flash band, I thought it was that film where the girl who's a welder wants to be a dancer... :rolleyes:

Camping mat? It gets that damp inside your truck??

Anyway think I'll go the ply-lining with something behind route+cover it at the front...

Nobody successfully fitted Disco-foldy-seats to the back of their van-body then??

I had to look up flash band, I thought it was that film where the girl who's a welder wants to be a dancer... :rolleyes:

Camping mat? It gets that damp inside your truck??

Anyway think I'll go the ply-lining with something behind route+cover it at the front...

Nobody successfully fitted Disco-foldy-seats to the back of their van-body then??

Dont laugh how about this stuff :rolleyes:

If two or even three people chipped in it could work well the smallest tank would do several 90s!

http://www.spray-insulation.co.uk/narrow_boat_insulation.htm

Hi, i do a bit of camping in my 110. It had aluminised bubble wrap when i got it, not that good to be honest. Planning on painting on anti-condensation paint then glueing eva sheets used in horses boxes on top of that. This is obviously easier to use than camping mats and not a lot moe expensive. Was then going to fit ply trimmed with some leather loook vinyl i got from dunelm mills dirt cheap. Should look proper bo when finished me hopes. Hope this helps.

Do a google search for T5 carpet lining or an ebay search for van carpet lining

Thanks for that Landmannn, looks quite smart, exactly the stuff I was after - not too spendy either! :) Which makes a change, especially as soon as you use the words 'T5' or 'Volkswagen Van'....

then glueing eva sheets used in horses boxes on top of that

Will investigate that, thanks!

Anyone put any piccies up of their efforts?

You can also get 1/4" neoprene with an adhesive backing, that's what I used and it gave a very nice clean surface with no room for any condensation at all and is nice and compact above the headliner. I just recovered the headliner itself with a foam-backed polyester headliner fabric that gave quite a nice surface for about 90GBP.