YES! I'm back in the fold - 1985 'B' plate 2-Door RRC

Dunc

Absolutely buzzing my end at the mo, after all the messing about with the Vogue 3.9 RRC i was trying to buy i then got offered an alternative out of the blue.

I agreed to have it without seeing it and its previous owner dropped it off this evening.

Apologies for the crappy photo, but it was taken on my phone in the dark!!!

NewTruck.jpg

1985, 2-door with a full length fabric sunroof. The sunroof doesn't close properly, so may have to buy a later model roof to whack on until finances allow the fixing of the big sunroof.

Chuffed to bits, will post up as i do jobs and also as i ask for bits i need!

:D

Mini update for you with some better pictures.

RangeyFront.jpg

RangeyBack.jpg

InsideBoot.jpg

Inside.jpg

DSCF3886.jpg

Need to explore the options for finding a replacement roof so that i can get her on the road in the short term.

Long term i'll rebuild that wonderful folding roof. Anyone got any info on them; spares, manufacturer etc?

Making a patch to weld into the rear arch where the seatbelt mounts tomorrow.

Sills have been patched at some point in the past and seem ok currently. Floors are good.

Tailgate latches are shagged, as you'd expect, but the frame is good so hopefully with a little luck and fabrication i'll revive them. Wont be the first time i've had to rebuild those latches!

Gears feel a bit tight, which i'm hoping is just the fact that until yesterday it hadn't moved for a year so everything needs to loosen up. A good greasing wherever i can find a grease point should help too.

I'm still buzzing. :D :D

Getting some Disco 5-spoke steels from Chris Davies (our 'Wanted' section rules!) which will be blasted and powder coated black.

Hopefully a set of Insa Turbo Trackers will be wrapped around them, possibly 235/85 but if not then 235/70 (std).

Tangiers orange has always been a favourite of mine too, so i think now will be my best opportunity...

Buzzing. ;):D:D

Yes mate it was a kind of reddish/orange colour originally, perhaps even the Allegro Russet? Currently it's been roller-painted with olive drab!

I was there 5+ years ago when they bought it and professed my passion for 2-doors having not long sold the last of mine, so funny how their situation and mine kind of transpired together and now it's mine!!!

Keep your ears to the ground for any bits that might fit! :D;)

I have decided that the big purchases i'll have to make are roof, power steering and a big stinky zorst. :)

That looks great, I miss my old 2 door :(

I think the roofs were made by Webasto if that helps, IIRC it was more popular on export models. Swapping to a standard roof is no big hassel lots of screws and some sticky stuff and your sorted.

Brookers

That looks great, I miss my old 2 door :(

I think the roofs were made by Webasto if that helps, IIRC it was more popular on export models. Swapping to a standard roof is no big hassel lots of screws and some sticky stuff and your sorted.

Brookers

Cheers. Externally it's a belter, even the top tailgate is solid.

The problems mostly lay underneath with the rear arches needing patches, which are only 5-minute jobs, and then the front body mounts and footwells.

The sills i think i can get away with until after the winter.

The doors i'll need to take off and patch at some point, and then they'll be A1.

Front inner wings aren't too bad and will certainly last a few years, by which time i'll be able to just buy entire replacement sections and chop 'n' swap!

I've done a roof panel before, hence my interest in swapping it rather than trying to fix it straight off, although i might have a look for Webasto bits and if they're affordable then i may just do the job properly first time around.

If anyone knows where i can get front body mounts then please let me know!