Rock-Slider help needed

Today I tried to fit my rock sliders but found a huge gap between the inner sills and the inner face of the rock sliders :huh: ! It just doesn’t look right to me! they are too far out but to get them butted up to the inner sills I will have to trim the lower bracket of the bulkhead were it bolts onto the outrigger has anyone else had to do this? Otherwise there is a huge gap between the sill and slider.

Also is it just the bolt tab at the front that holds the slider firm into the tube? Or has anyone else devised a method of securing the mount to the tubular outrigger?

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers :unsure:

James

post-13733-032819200 1286553156_thumb.jpg

post-13733-045894600 1286553170_thumb.jpg

post-13733-036772000 1286553205_thumb.jpg

post-13733-035019800 1286553218_thumb.jpg

post-13733-065471100 1286553248_thumb.jpg

post-13733-000258100 1286553270_thumb.jpg

post-13733-006886600 1286553287_thumb.jpg

post-13733-038663300 1286553304_thumb.jpg

most likely 3 attachment points for 110 sliders, AFAIK on a 90 it's the bulkhead bolt & the tubular outrigger that carries the roxk slider.

Thanks Ralph,

As you can tell she is a rather different vehicle you saw two years ago:rolleyes: In fact its like "Trigger's broom off only fools and horses"

Have you seen the images? Do the they look right to you? or do you think I need to trim the bulkhead fixing a bit?

I dont know as the fixing seems to be prety feeble for the tubular mount... what stops it being ripped out of the tube?

And the gap surely thats not right is it?

Sorry to be a pain but I just need a bit of advice

Cheers

James

not sure I'd want to trim the bulkhead/outrigger bracket at the front end,

are there any clamps or bolts to secure the tube into it's mate ?

did you get these new or used ?

& ant idea who made them ?

Hi Ralph.Got them new from fleabay dont know who made them. Nope the only fixings are what you see!

Even with the huge gap between sill and rockslider? :o

Yes. Why do you want a close fit there? The gap makes fitting much easier and is easy to jet wash the mud out. The sliders being proud of the bodywork will also offer a little more protection when rubbing shoulders with trees.

Yes. Why do you want a close fit there? The gap makes fitting much easier and is easy to jet wash the mud out. The sliders being proud of the bodywork will also offer a little more protection when rubbing shoulders with trees.

Thanks for the reply.

I gues they just look odd without the front wings and the rest bing finished.

Thanks to all for the replies ;)

Series motor and home made. but I think it would be very difficult to get them to sit flush with the bodywork - even if you make them yourself.

post-2-068941900 1286609592_thumb.jpg

Les.

Les thanks for the reply.

Its an early 90, but from the replies I have had you are right most people have said they look ok and normaly sit away from the inner sills anyway.

The problem is as its my first project I dont have the wealth of experience to know what they should look like as they are'nt covered in any manuals :)

All the best

James