Just spotted this out shopping

This chaps hybrid is really nicely done - see the OPs pics in this thread:

http://www.lro.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58568

I dont think it is on the road at the moment as he has asked a lot of questions about iva/sva tests before it does get on on the road and is aware that it will probably need a Q plate, (so the numberplates in the pics are probably currently for show). Just thought i'd put it here as i think it looks really smart and as far as i can tell he is trying to do it properly wrt the rules.

At the end of the day it's about what you want. Personally I think lifted Series vehicles with sticky-out wheels look awful, but if that's what you want then build it! The IVA test isn't that difficult, you don't hear kit-car builders whining about it. The only problem would be a higher cost for insuring and possibly taxing it (depending on whether you get an age-related plate or a new Q-plate).

If I had unlimited money then I'd love to go out and buy a Range Rover with a rusty body, then chop the chassis about and build a nice hybrid out of it. But I don't :(

As for judging without knowing the full details, of course it's not to be encouraged. Don't judge a book by it's cover and all that. With Land Rovers it can be easier to see though. If you've got a vehicle on late IIA plates but with a coil-sprung chassis, then it was either built before the regulations changed (Designa chassis etc.), or it would by today's rules require an IVA and as a result wouldn't in any likelihood be able to retain the IIA registration.

This chaps hybrid is really nicely done - see the OPs pics in this thread:

http://www.lro.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58568

I dont think it is on the road at the moment as he has asked a lot of questions about iva/sva tests before it does get on on the road and is aware that it will probably need a Q plate, (so the numberplates in the pics are probably currently for show). Just thought i'd put it here as i think it looks really smart and as far as i can tell he is trying to do it properly wrt the rules.

Strange, the thread you linked to is about superchargers :unsure: