200tdi will not run propperly

Landowner

On the 300tdi (i think 200's the same), to adjust the rod you need a way to put 12psi into the actuator and hold it there. Slip the rod off, slacken the adjuster, apply pressure, adjust rod so that it 'just' slips onto the wastegate spindle, tighten nut and refit c-clip (the wastegate spindle must be held shut-towards actuator).

It worked perfectly on mine and the boost was tested at 11.8 psi which was ok for me.

A bent rod will be shorter so will cause the boost to be released later and therefor give more boost than required.

Dave

On the 300tdi (i think 200's the same), to adjust the rod you need a way to put 12psi into the actuator and hold it there. Slip the rod off, slacken the adjuster, apply pressure, adjust rod so that it 'just' slips onto the wastegate spindle, tighten nut and refit c-clip (the wastegate spindle must be held shut-towards actuator).

It worked perfectly on mine and the boost was tested at 11.8 psi which was ok for me.

A bent rod will be shorter so will cause the boost to be released later and therefor give more boost than required.

Dave

Oh good,

sounds like it's not the problem with my fueling then if it just delays the waste gate opening. If I get it running properly then I'll experiment with a boost gauge. Clock is ticking for this engine though, it has less than 24hrs to redeem itself, if not it's going in the bin. :lol::o

Had a final go at the 200 today, the fuel had run back and it struggled to start and run, blue smoke pumping out and wouldn't rev at all.

Left it five minutes ticking over to bleed itself and then it would rev up freely but clouds of blue smoke.

Attached a pipe from a can of fresh diesel to the lift pump and tried again, she started instantly and I left her a minute to bleed out the air again.

A few minutes later and she would rev freely but blue smoke, bringing the revs up slowly and there was a slight miss fire which started about 2000rpm and caused thick blue smoke. The misfire disappeared further up the rev range and the smoke cleared a little.

Much the same as before so not contaminated diesel.

Just thought I would give it one last check. :rolleyes:

Maybe already though about but, is there any chuffing from the oil filer, what would happen if the front seal in the injection pump was shot, thats been seen before.

Which end of the pump are we talking because you could be right as the fuel still runs back overnight after renewing all pipes and filter and lift pump.?

Going to try one last time to find out why such a healthy engine will not run.

Going to check injector pipes tomorrow -- would a crack in pipes cause problems.

Going to fit a new lift pump -- Got a new one one but not sure where he bought it before I got the car.

Will a 300 lift pump fit the 200 ? --- forget about the pipes I can alter those easily for the test.