Rear Body Mounts rusted

NicTheOrange90

As the topic says, the rear body mounts on the 94 Tdi are well on the way to their former pre-metallic state.

Point One - Is this an MOT failure?

Point Two - does anyone know where I could get a set (easier than making them)...

Thanks very much (I would enclose picturesm but as fellow Disco drivers most of you have probably seen rust before, and whilst its good to see it in places where you dont think you have it, the fact that its there makes you wonder about your own vehicle...)

As the topic says, the rear body mounts on the 94 Tdi are well on the way to their former pre-metallic state.

Point One - Is this an MOT failure?

Point Two - does anyone know where I could get a set (easier than making them)...

Thanks very much (I would enclose picturesm but as fellow Disco drivers most of you have probably seen rust before, and whilst its good to see it in places where you dont think you have it, the fact that its there makes you wonder about your own vehicle...)

Nick, I have the same problem on my '93 S1 Discovery, when I got it MOT'd I was advised that these were quite rusty but not a failure as the body was still well supported. The part numbers from the LR parts catalogue are: Chassis-no5 b/mtg LH STC9133 & Chassis-no5 b/mtg RH STC9134.

Hope this helps,

Regards Tony

3.5 V8i 110 CSW

3.5 V8i Discovery Pre face lift

3.9 V8i Discovery Post Face lift

(easier than making them)
Really? I made my replacement ones out of some box section. Cut on opposite corners to give you a 90 degree angle piece. Hoel saw for rubber mount hole. Box section was about 2mm wall so will take a while to rust thru.

HTH