Plug in Heater/Cooler

Hello One & All!

Anyone out there in Landy Land bought a plug in heater/cooler for the defender (due to very cold weather)? are they any good? or should i just put on another jacket <_< due to the defender being like a freezer box in the early morning and having plastic seats don't help!............. :lol:

Thanks!

Save your money, those plug in fan heaters are rubbish. I bought one for a Saab Turbo, took it back 2 days later as it didn't do a thing.

I went back to leaving the engine running for 10mins every morning. If global warming were a problem I wouldn't have been freezing my nuts off :lol:

are your heater cables/air control flaps correctly adjusted, makes a big difference

feeling the cold in your truck adjusting heater cables

try the above first.

Exactly, try the above first.

I for one certainly don't cover myself in lots of layers of clothing when setting off as I know that in 5-miles time I will be warm & toasty in my draught-free soft-top 90 which has a properly functioning heater, all those layers are just too bulky to drive in. :P

Cooling system working correctly (viscous fan fitted and no rad-muff), no draughts through the soft-top or front flaps, a fume-curtain and of course a heater that has been correctly set up to ensure that flaps are open/shut when the levers say they are. Bliss

Waeco do a heated seat kit that some ebay sellers are selling specfically for defenders - mps trading comes to mind. I looked into it last year but never got round to it. The kit was selling at £80, so more than the link above, but possibly a better make. Dont know how the two would compare. Had a brief look earlier and there are some on there for about £50 this year. At least they would keep you warm.

Waeco do a heated seat kit that some ebay sellers are selling specfically for defenders - mps trading comes to mind. I looked into it last year but never got round to it. The kit was selling at £80, so more than the link above, but possibly a better make. Dont know how the two would compare. Had a brief look earlier and there are some on there for about £50 this year. At least they would keep you warm.

.....thanks 'Reb78' the heated seat kit looks alot better than the fan job! need to look into it more before i move south ;)

Exactly, try the above first.

I for one certainly don't cover myself in lots of layers of clothing when setting off as I know that in 5-miles time I will be warm & toasty in my draught-free soft-top 90 which has a properly functioning heater, all those layers are just too bulky to drive in. :P

Cooling system working correctly (viscous fan fitted and no rad-muff), no draughts through the soft-top or front flaps, a fume-curtain and of course a heater that has been correctly set up to ensure that flaps are open/shut when the levers say they are. Bliss

Show off :P

I use a 300w truck heater which attaches to the battery itself. I had a problem with my rear windows steaming up on rainy days :huh:<_< . So I rigged up some flexible aluminium heating duct and directed this to the rear side windows. Works quite well. More or lest the same way a arctic heater in the lightweights :lol: . If anyone knows when looking out of a CSW has a better solution I'd love to hear it. :P