SAS Fast Strike vehicle...

Maverik

I thought he was selling the right to pay to get it restored or some nonsense like that in the previous ad?! Now it sounds like an outright sale.

He's taken all of the comments people have given him when asking questions and incorporated them into the blurb to make it sound more feasible (volvo seats, film prop etc...)!

even more so the fact that they haven't got a firing range at the Hereford main base, that's located outside town in the countryside, about 8 miles from the main base......

Last time I was shooting rifles and handguns (shows how long) although the civilian gun shops were trying to sell it as an alternative to the recently banned semi autos, IIRC due to it's range the Barrett 50 cal was classed as Artillery and could only be fired on the correct ranges?

Marc.

I have noted a couple of small thing in the new advert that would concern me as a potential buyer:

There is now far less photos, the only photo on the listing is now taken from 30m away in the rain at dusk. Not the best way to show all the interesting features that this unique military vehicle has.

A quick Google-ing of 'BIRST (UK) LTD' and 'Deon' only comes up with Burst UK the balloon manufacturer, builders of military vehicles undoubtedly.

If the chap who's selling it can really prove it's military heritage, why doesn't he add the information to the listing. It would surely increase the value.

I might make an offer, let's think, old V8 110 with no body and a rusty chassis, nice 9.00 tyres, I reckon £150 to £200?

• 5 months later...

I was at a truck bodybuilder a couple of weeks ago, they were building armoured defenders out of 110 truck cabs, looking at what's going on them they must be 5 tonnes fully laden

Loads of parts going in the skip too,I did ask :rolleyes: but they said no :D

My truck cab roof lining is sagging there were 30 new truck cabs all stacked up but he said they were going back to landrover

This car is in the dunsfold collection now any comments :mellow: :mellow:

Hmmm, I've check the website, but not seen the article... I still have my reservations... but I wont dispute indisputable proof :rolleyes:

Just my head is still screeming why would you change the body shape so much etc. it just looks so half arsed. even for a concept vehicle you don't go to the trouble of doing the body work, then sticking some tatty standard mil spec indicator lights on it etc.

I'm not sure why I find this so hard to digest.

For examples of what I see concept vehicles to be like:

My link1

My link2

My link3

My link4 - a really nice one here...

I'm just glad it stayed a concept as it looks pants.

Hmmm, I've check the website, but not seen the article... I still have my reservations... but I wont dispute indisputable proof :rolleyes:

Just my head is still screeming why would you change the body shape so much etc. it just looks so half arsed. even for a concept vehicle you don't go to the trouble of doing the body work, then sticking some tatty standard mil spec indicator lights on it etc.

My link1

My link2

My link3

Mav,

Not defending the car, as it does look very heath robinson, but remember this was a prototype from 20+ yrs ago (I think) and unlike todays market where the buyers want their protoypes to work in as much as they can be, back then a prototype that drove it self around was probably all the buyers expected to see.

My link1

My link2

My link3

link 2 looks like some kind of post apocalyptic transport for footballers wives to take the kids to school in - plain butt ugly with a hint of campness thrown in for good measure.