Adding to the tech archive

hobson

Having got my waterpump and P gasket now done, i've noticed the fanbelt tensioner bearing is squeeking a bit, so going to replace it using the fantastic writeup by Les.

But having just checked with my local bearing supplier to get hold of the bearing, i've been told that the code given for the bearing in the writeup is fine, but there's also another, apparently more suitable bearing, which has a higher tolerance to heat so will last longer.

the code for it is: 6203-2RSH-C3

Thought it might be worth adding to the writeup...

Tech archive is kinda by nomination, if you see/post something you think would be helpful then you can PM a mod or hit the "report" button on the post and suggest it.

Maybe there should be a tech archive article on how to add stuff to the tech archive? :ph34r:

Tech archive is kinda by nomination, if you see/post something you think would be helpful then you can PM a mod or hit the "report" button on the post and suggest it.

Maybe there should be a tech archive article on how to add stuff to the tech archive? :ph34r:

don't use the 'report' button, if anyone believes a thread should be added to the tech archive, just copy the subject thread link into a PM with a short explanation to the forum moderators, then we can pass the request on to the tech archive moderator

One of the main reasons i really like this site is because people leave feedback and results on here, if someone has a problem, wether the forum helps or not, they quite often let us know what the problem was and how it was eventually solved. or, if someone finds a better/more efficient way to do something they'll tell us to make our lives easier!

to me, everyone putting a bit of input in, no matter how small, to help someone else, is what it's all about.

Funnily enough though, i got a bit lost looking for the bearing place (Southern Bearings) as it's on an industrial estate, i must have looked a bit lost as a guy flagged me down and said "you looking for Southern Bearings? i can always tell by the car!"

now does that mean the 110 looks like it needs new bearings?! or is it just a LandRover thing?! :)