fuel light flashing.

I could never find any mention of it on any diagram I had. I was under the impression the standard setup was to take the low fuel light feed from the sender unit on the tank itself. That's what the diagrams all show. My sender unit only has two wires on it. Earth and the signal. The low fuel light terminal is unused, the power for that warning light instead being fed from this weird PCB in the dash. It comes from the Td5 speedo now.

Next time I'm in the dash I'll fish it out and examine it more closely.

I could never find any mention of it on any diagram I had. I was under the impression the standard setup was to take the low fuel light feed from the sender unit on the tank itself. That's what the diagrams all show. My sender unit only has two wires on it. Earth and the signal. The low fuel light terminal is unused, the power for that warning light instead being fed from this weird PCB in the dash. It comes from the Td5 speedo now.

the tank sender/low fuel level unit shown as item 74 on the wiring diagram below, item 85 is the fuel gauge.

seems strange just to identify it as low fuel level unit & not as just fuel level sender

post-20-064708700 1288475179_thumb.jpg

post-20-001487200 1288475253_thumb.jpg

post-20-065304100 1288475306_thumb.jpg

• 7 years later...
On 30/10/2010 at 10:15 PM, Retroanaconda said:

Dis you ever work out what the wee pcb was?