Head Gasket or am i missing something?

fozsug

I think the central heating flush loosened/disolved it a bit( its very caustic , burnt my hands neat!)and then the compressed air just pushed it out of the water jackets.

...I can thoughroughly recomend the central heating stuff, its safe for alumiminium too, and it really cleaned the dogs coat! :P:o

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

Nice you´ve got it all solved! But the castic stuff sounds like a very unhealthy idea to my ears, as caustic stuff attacks aluminium heavily (try to put an italian cast aluminium coffeemaker into a dishwasher - very sad sight!).

Hi Tony,

Nice you´ve got it all solved! But the castic stuff sounds like a very unhealthy idea to my ears, as caustic stuff attacks aluminium heavily (try to put an italian cast aluminium coffeemaker into a dishwasher - very sad sight!).

Thats what i thought, but it specifically said on the tin SAFE for all aluminium , it came with a neturalising solution that you had to use 4 times in the system to make uncaustic! Shame it didnt neturalise my hands :huh:

Tony

Great stuff... this must be close to a record thread in term of participation.. a great example of "all for one and one for all"

All the suggestions were good ones, and even if they didnt directly solve my particular problem, definately allowed me to elimimate possibles.

Im sure that others reading would gain possible ideas that might relate to their specific problem

Thanks again everyone, really appreciated, proves this forum is top for help!!