Guardian Off Road

Disty

So I bought a tapered winch bumper for my rebuild, identical to this listing: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LANDROVER-tapered-competition-winch-bumper-defender-/110604651822

Clearly it says "guardian" on one of the pictures and the guy used to have his eBay ID as guardian 4x4, so I know it's a guardian product, however the website seems to have disappeared and nobody seems to be mentioning them other than on mud-club:

http://www.mud-club.com/forum/index.php?topic=57318.0

Does anybody have any info on these guys? Are they any good? Is it the same bumper?

Here is a picture for comparison: (eBlag pictures overlayed)

bumper-collage.jpg

Not sure about the holes- I really hope mine doesn't come with the holes in! I read on another forum it was to allow muck to be removed easier. I personally think it looks better without!

Also- searched guardian, which threw up two results- both you and me on this thread! Doh! I never seem to be able to search the forum :angry:

Also- searched guardian, which threw up two results- both you and me on this thread! Doh! I never seem to be able to search the forum  :angry:

That's because in grey, to the right of the search box, it had 'this topic', if you had searched the whole forum you would have got this:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

- that is not my 90!

nope... its my 110 :lol:

got plenty of guardians stuff on both my 110 and my other halfs... good quality and good looking... mine has a 12000 ibs winch sat in it and has had some good hard pulls, never had any problems :D

something fishy about that ebay add, dosnt look like guardian at all to me :S

dan

Yeah I don't think it is guardian. To be honest I didn't get onto the guardian tack until I saw yours Dan (and it looks great btw- what size KL71's are you running? And with spacers or not?)

There are two things I've noticed- His fleabay seller ID history lists him in 2008 as being Guardian 4x4, and also- on the photo, you can see guardian either laser cut, or stuck on top with photoshop- which means it's either a copy or he's used guardian pictures.

When I asked for a picture of it on a vehicle I was told he didn't have any.

Most of his stuff comes naked steel and the product range seems very similar to guardian- that tankguard + towing drop plate looks very similar but not identical.

• 8 years later...
10 hours ago, Chicken Drumstick said:

Apologies for reviving an old thread. But does anyone know if Guardian are still in business? Their site seems to have gone, but I guess they could be trading under a different name these days. Thanks.

Spencer jacked it in a few years ago now. I bought the last of his stock from him at that time. All that's left now is half a 110 fuel tank Guard.