The Clubman Challenge 2011 Dates

Matt BADLRC

had my letter

i knew a while ago about the outcome of next year but this confirmed it

its a shame really but hey ho

maybe you can arrange a 2day event during the year ? as im sure to hell we ALL would enter that one to all catch up with each other

after all way back when you first started look at the entrants....the banter....the laughs.... the carnage in the pitts with teams tipping there cars onto the side to work on them

who knows what the future may hold, i hope i get the chance to compete with such a fine bunch of organisers again

on behalf of both me and pricey

thank you buxton & district for such a fantastic few years

had my letter

maybe you can arrange a 2day event during the year ? as im sure to hell we ALL would enter that one to all catch up with each other

after all way back when you first started look at the entrants....the banter....the laughs.... the carnage in the pitts with teams tipping there cars onto the side to work on them

who knows what the future may hold, i hope i get the chance to compete with such a fine bunch of organisers again

I agree with you there Dan. we would be up for a 2day event if they decided to run one. And if they run another series in 2013 we'll be in. Thanks to the BADLRC for the last couple of years hopefully sea you all again.

Jon

had my letter

Very well put Dan. Like Jon and Dan, if a 2 day event could be organised I weould be very keen in joining.

Hopefully something can be sorted out for 2013.

Rich.

Hi

Thanks for the comments that have been posted so far, myself David and Mark are going to catch up on a few weekends green laning and chill a bit. But hear your request for a two day'er maybe????????????????? other than that I hope to be out and about with the camera so I should bump into some of you at events. Hope you all have a great crimbo.

Charles

had my letter

Its a real shame :( , But it just shows that there is a sevear lack of club help to organise events, "and not just in badlrs but nationwide" and it's always left to ther same dedicated few, maybe just maybe if a few more volinteers were found "lets face it we all enjoy the playing / competing" then this wouldnt happen. I really really do simpathise with the organisers, it must be really sole destroying having to put a holt to something that they obviously worked hard on. :( :( :(

Its a real shame :( , But it just shows that there is a sevear lack of club help to organise events, "and not just in badlrs but nationwide" and it's always left to ther same dedicated few, maybe just maybe if a few more volinteers were found "lets face it we all enjoy the playing / competing" then this wouldnt happen. I really really do simpathise with the organisers, it

must be really sole destroying having to put a holt to something that they obviously worked

hard on. :( :( :(

well get your arse into gear and go help them ;-)

A real shame, me and Kev have had a right laugh over the last 2 1/2 years, good challenging events with a good social side.

What next unfortunately the LRS is too far to travel for us , we will just have to retreat back into those Welsh mountains, truck needed some love anyway, maybe I`ll buy a new pair of Wellies instead.

Many thanks for the Buxton & District organising team for your efforts, it is much appreciated.

When I was sat in the bath 10 minutes after leaving Wern Duu I was thinking of you out all night collecting in the punches and bunting :-).

Cheers, Guss.

All clubs seem to be struggling with marshals and officials. A few folks are doing a lot and if they stop, then the events stop. And I certainlly know of one official who got annoyed about payment for personal-outlay and changed clubs this time last year. That club hasn't run a challenge event since! So I wonder if competitiors should be chucking in more entry fee to help fund marshals traveling?

This is just a guess on my part. MOC used to pay a fiver for marshals as lunch/fuel money. Are there marshals on here who would think this sort of thing but bigger would help?

I felt very sorry and had a drink for an hour with the Club's setter outer's/Marshall's at the Mow Cop site the other week on a late Saturday afternoon when the Club i.e. BADLRC couldn't be arsed to let them know it was cancelled after they gave their weekend up and set up all Saturday, wonder why they spat their dummies out and told them to get stuffed.

I feel very sorry for them the way they have been treated and for their effort and contributions throughout the years, and sarky comments / smiles etc.

Thank you lads.

Have I renewed my membership to the Buxton and District LRC this year?, same as they say in their carefully worded letter time "for a sabatical".

Sad to hear of the problems enjoyed the well layed out events and off course help supporting the challenge rounds this year same old problems lack of support by so many to the few that do the donkey work.

To be honest what thanks do you as competitors give to someone that spends all there time planning and setting out a challenge event a round of applause at the end of the event and then bugger off home

But to most that do this they dont expect anything more like myself the best thing a competitor can say to me having just finished an event ive set up is.. That was a really GOOD event whens the next one

Thats all the incentive i need to organise the next event i dont want payment for doing so ,and anyone who does is in the wrong sport

Hope to see you all next year

Our next event The Whitbread Challenge 2012 date to be anounced very soon most likley date end of April or early May

All are welcome

Maybe instead of dissapearing of grumbaling, competitors should show there support for the "dedicated few". If the support isnt forthcomming from within the BADLRC " then maybe its about time that the competitors throw some energies into helping with events ??. lets face it we all like playing, but this leads to broken trucks, and this costs money and time to fix, so why not VOLINTEER to help at an event, maybe help set some punches on a saterday ,scrutineer some trucks on the sunday, bring a friend to help marshal?? whatever u feel u can offer, DON'T LET THIS EXELENT SPORT LOOSE A DAM GOOD SERIES!! for the lack of a bit of effort, and as for the LRS too far south "tough its near my house" :hysterical: and thats because i got of my arse and helped set it up because i got sick of travalin miles and miles for an event,

u can always move :P;)

if i set a few punches out people would curse and not speak to me again

but f me...can you picture boothy setting punches out, the challenge wouldnt be getting to the punch, it would be getting him to the punch

on a lighter note i would certainly help out