Immobilisers

Guy110

My immobiliser has failed and the company that fitted it has gone out of business. Anyone know a good mobile fitter in the Northampton area who could sort the problem.

Thanks,

Guy

Guy

What type of alarm is fitted? I could have a look in the morning if you want.?

Chris

• 10 months later...

while I own a Landrover Defender 90, I also have a chevolet Blazer 4x4 4.3 V8, which is currently stranded because of the immobiliser not working. I appreciate this is a Landrover forum but if any members can suggest anything to help me get the blazer moving again it would be much appreciated T!A Moonraker

Guy

What type of alarm is fitted? I could have a look in the morning if you want.?

Chris

If it's a Tdi just do the two lengths of wire under the bonnet trim lol...

Then just remove it all together... from the one's I've seen in the past, will be nothing complicated lol!! Even the LR one only takes a few mins to bypass.

Ian

while I own a Landrover Defender 90, I also have a chevolet Blazer 4x4 4.3 V8, which is currently stranded because of the immobiliser not working. I appreciate this is a Landrover forum but if any members can suggest anything to help me get the blazer moving again it would be much appreciated T!A Moonraker

Is that a petrol or a diesel v8??

If it's a diesel, unless it's ECU controlled should be easy to get started ;)

Probably not the best thing to go into details on a public forum... but then at the same time is old technology - so a theif isn't going to learn anything new!!

But in simple terms... a diesel needs fuel to run - and the fuel is usually controlled by an electric stop valve/solenoid ;)

Ian

If it's after market fitted then you can possibly get going yourself.

It's time consuming and involves following the module wiring, but not impossible.

So a description on the forum shouldn't be an issue coz thieves want quick bypasses not proper ones. :ph34r:

Firstly, locate the immobiliser module. Usually put somewhere easy for convenience of the fitter (eg under the drivers side dash).

If it's got a warning lamp, follow the wire to take you to the box.

Then, follow all the black wires looking for 2 pairs of wires possibly travelling together.

(Do the ignition lights come on? If not the wires probably head towards the ignition switch). ;)

The fun part is finding where they've cut the original wires and put the immobiliser in.

Check where each wire has been joined into the cars loom.

Some will just be joined onto an existing wire, others (4) will be joined onto cut wires.

All that's required is to look for the cut wires that are the same colour.

Rejoin these back together and voila the motor should start.

Alternatively, call AA, RAC Greenflag :D