Defender seat replacements

Hello there,

I'm sure that once upon a time, I read that some other makes of vehicles (other than the great Defender) seats may fit into a Defender. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge with regards to this? Would it be possible to,say, fit a Rover car drivers seat directly into a Defender, or would the rails and fittings need to be transferred? My drivers seat has to say the least, seen better days. I'm not too keen on fitting a seat cover over the eyesore and not really all that keen on the replacement option of another plastic covered Defender seat (a nice warm, comfy, material sort for the freezing weather in the mornings upon us would be lovely, especially just after going around my 110, scraping all 14 windows of ice).

Any ideas folks? any help would be appreciated.:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Kev English.

Hello there,

I'm sure that once upon a time, I read that some other makes of vehicles (other than the great Defender) seats may fit into a Defender. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge with regards to this? Would it be possible to,say, fit a Rover car drivers seat directly into a Defender, or would the rails and fittings need to be transferred? My drivers seat has to say the least, seen better days. I'm not too keen on fitting a seat cover over the eyesore and not really all that keen on the replacement option of another plastic covered Defender seat (a nice warm, comfy, material sort for the freezing weather in the mornings upon us would be lovely, especially just after going around my 110, scraping all 14 windows of ice).

Any ideas folks? any help would be appreciated.:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Kev English.

Range rover classic seats will fit with minimal hassle ,the track width is the same..just cut and drill 20mm box section to match the existing holes in the seat box.use threaded bar then a nut to lock them down,then the box section,welded to the runners on the seat.butterfly nuts to fasten them down for quick removal.you can just about slot bungees ,ropes etc in the gap between seat and seat box.lovely and comfy and keeping it in the family so too speak.

Hi

Have a look at this http://www.lro.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=61318

I have since fitted so far only one seat - the drivers, It got hold of a couple of Recaro RS 2000 seats.

I did have a bit of work to get the runners to fit and I did make up some seat rails which angle the seat a bit more forward.

Realy comfy but it is a bit harder to get in and out off due to the high seat sides and I could be done with a step to make things easier. warm and comfy though and fully adjustable.

Regards

Frax