RRC electric seat wiring, is it there on all models?

jamesvfr

Hi all

1992 3.9 RRC

I havnt had chance to lift up carpets etc yet but was wondering if the wiring is there already for the electric seats?

I know a lot of cars will use the same loom for the higher equipped models but just have blanking covers etc + wiring there etc for the lower models

Its cloth interior at the mo + if i can find decent electric leather for sensible money i will get it if the wiring is in the car

Cheers for the help

James

Owners manual shows 6 fuses and 2 relays under the drivers seat if electric seats are fitted.

30Amps for the motors, a relay and 3 amp fuses for mirrors/seat memory are fitted for each front seat. Mine doesn't have electric seats and doesn't have this fuse box fitted.

I suspect the relays are for supplying low current to the switches on the seats so that they are not passing the full seat motor current.

Our softie doesn't either, though it has the wiring for heated seats, you need switches and relays but as far as I can tell it then works.

non memory seats need 2 20 amp fused supplies to each seat. You can convert memory to non-memory, I'm going to do this with ours because the memory seat wiring is complicated and the memory ECUs are troublesome/expensive.