Freelander in the Arctic

Fruit_uk

Does anyone have any experience of driving a freelander 1 2005 55 plate in Arctic Norway/Finland?

The things that I am most interested in are:

is an engine block heater available (electric, plug i, all night type)?

Best tyres?

Using chains - manual says 15" 195 tyres only we have 16" and would rather not buy new wheels and tyres for one off trip if at all practical.

Have spoken to hotels in the areas we will be visiting and they say temp can be -50 withouth wind chill so pretty stern test of the vehicle I would imagine.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Arctic 4x4 Rally 2011

Yo may have seen the posts on this one, we went along and it was a fantastic trip - sadly for everyone here we use a Volvo, but there was a 110 on the trip and pretty handy at ice scraping they became ;o)

If you want to read about it or want any info if you fancy it in 2012 see www.ukrallyraiders.blogspot.com

Get teh biggest and best battery you can buy.

Make sure all teh oils are suitable for the temperature. Usually the average temperature

is a lot ´warmer`than these minimum temperatures.

Use proper snow tyres and have chains available. You won´t want to constantly be driving

on chains.

Block heater will be ideal, if you have access to 220V.