LED light bar

SeriousIIa

I'0ve decided tot trade in my 6 Hella Rally 2000 spots for a fullwidth LED light bar (Filthy boy style). 2 reasons, first lower energy usage, second much easier to protect en nicer to look at.

Any forumers with experience in LED light bars. Which are good? and which are the one to look out for?

Regards Bowy

I spotted those on a couple of trucks at billing this year - they look great but I didnt know who made them till now

I really want one of the E series full width bars :wub::wub:

No way I can spend that much to replace my 4 roof mounted spots though :(

I looked into these a while back, In the UK, outback automotive do them but my God! they are nose bleed expensive!!!

I finished up in the end with 4 KC daylighters with HID kits fitted in them, the KC's are good because they are fairly deep so you can fit the ballast unit in the lamp housing behind the lens so only need two wires coming out of the units. A lot easier than remote ballasts when you are fitting them to a light bar.

Andy

Those rigid industries look good! And yes i was also inspired by the cars at billing, especially when I got a night demonstration from Tim aka Filthyboy.

999,- dollar sounds a tad expensive :S but when comparing them with the light force stuff it's not so bad. Better think some more about it and then decide. Have just bought the car and has to be ready next winter, so got some time left to decide.

Regards Bowy

The reviews in Overland journal seemed to indicate that they are good close up the lack of a single lens means they just don't have the range of the other options. The led Headlamps are designed differently to get around the limitations of using hundreds of 3mm lenses vs one big one.