Discovery Td5 Heater

Dougal667

Hullo all. I've a T plated Discovery Td5. None air-con model. When sitting in traffic the heater blows cold air, once you're off and running again it get's back to normal and blasts what ever temp you set the dial to from cold to hot. Just wondered if anyone has the same problem and what can be done about it. Thanks in advance.

I have a 2001 Td5 with air con /climate control but I have noticed the same thing from time to time - cold air when idling, even though the engine is warm .

I find that if I bring the revs up to about 1000 the heater works fine . Would seem to be that on tick over the coolant is not circulating as well as it should - but have not done anything about it . Been that way since I got it about 3 yrs ago .

• 3 weeks later...

hello , same problem with mine 2004 , Discovery landmark with aircon , coolant level fine , oil clear , anybody any ideas , Some other forums ghave differnt theories re this which sems quite common , air lock ? , ? viscous fan cools too much at idle ????