Warning - Winter Tyres

Chris H

Hi All, just a quick note.

Last week i ordered 4 x Mitchalin Alpin winter tyres from "Mytyres.com" @ £431.20 delivered

to UK. I understand that they are a German company, with a depot in Oxford.

Today i find that they have taken £862.40 for eight tyres !! .......I have phoned all

numbers on their website and can only get as far as a answering machine, they also

have not answered six emails that i have been sending since last Saturday.

Question, has anyone on the LR4x4.com list had recent dealings with Mytyres ? and

did you get your order? - Any Info gratefully received.

Thanks Chris H (snowing heavy between Dover & canterbury)

I hope you get sorted, probably just a computer mistake.

However please all of you consider this and please it isn't a smart ar*e reply, but there is definitely something in it. I deal with a bloke who runs an independant tyre supplier down the road, i've been dealing with him for 25 years, i know his first name, his family and where he lives, sometimes he's cheap and other times he costs a bit more, I always get service when I turn up and its personal. Punctures, new valves balancing all at minimal cost and with all the modern kit to back up the service. Hey the internet and mail order can be great but think about what happens when you need a tyre saturday morning so you can go pay and play. Cheers Eric.

Most internet retailers reserve the order value on your card at the point of accepting the order. When the order is ready for despatch the amount is actually deducted.

There could be a mistake along the line with this or perhaps an overlap.

Leave them a message, drop them a mail and call your credit card company. Probably a cock up, just make sure you have evidence in case 8 tyres turn up.

I hope you get sorted, probably just a computer mistake.

However please all of you consider this and please it isn't a smart ar*e reply, but there is definitely something in it. I deal with a bloke who runs an independant tyre supplier down the road, i've been dealing with him for 25 years, i know his first name, his family and where he lives, sometimes he's cheap and other times he costs a bit more, I always get service when I turn up and its personal. Punctures, new valves balancing all at minimal cost and with all the modern kit to back up the service. Hey the internet and mail order can be great but think about what happens when you need a tyre saturday morning so you can go pay and play. Cheers Eric.

Hi Fruit_UK & Landmannnn

Thanks both for your inputs....... Yes i agree 100% to use local whenever possible, the problem

is that as of last week there were no winter tyres in the UK even at the main dealers, i tried

Landrover (Barretts Canterbury) i tried my local garage & i tried Quickfit etc but no joy.

The web was a last resort,...I phoned Visa yesterday and they do not want to know before 30 days

have passed,...they confirmed that Mytyres have already taken £862.

Will post a reply if the tyres arrive ? anyone interested in the other 4 if 8 tyres arrive ?

they are Mitchelin Latitude Alpine 215/65/16/T .

Regards Chris H