Discovery 300tdi

joe1970

Question for those who are familiar with discovery 300 tdi. When Iam just ticking over around the doors the heaters on my discovery are hardly working even after they have had plenty time to heat up the heater gauge barely moves and there blowing out coldish air, soon as it gets on a motorway for a few mile the gauge goes up to half and the heaters are red hot this being my 1st discovery Iam not sure if this is the norm?

Iam thinking if this is not the norm the thermostat could be stuck open?

i changed the 'stat in my 300 today. simelarly, mine would never heat up at tickover and then would only reach 1/3 on the guage after driving for a while. now it gets to halfway pretty quickly and blows a hell of a lot quicker. for the first time i've had to turn it down from full wack! big improvement for a quick job.

I agree with ronnie_rotten. Change your thermostat. Very easy job and well worth it. You will notice the difference in heater output almost immediately. I am sure someone will have written up a guide to the job in the technical archive. If I remember rightly they cost around £5.00 from Paddocks.

Typsey

I agree with ronnie_rotten. Change your thermostat. Very easy job and well worth it. You will notice the difference in heater output almost immediately. I am sure someone will have written up a guide to the job in the technical archive. If I remember rightly they cost around £5.00 from Paddocks.

Typsey

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=10681

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/5283/ERR3291-THERMOSTAT-300-TDI.html?search=300tdi thermostat&page=1

:D

• 2 weeks later...