Thinking about selling the 8274 for an EP9

SteveG

I bought an 8274 in the states to add an XP motor, Allbrights, and service seals etc. I'm now wondering whether it's worth me fitting the 8274. I don't need the extra speed for what I plan to use it for as I don't intend on entering competitions, or if I do it will be just for fun. 8274 bumpers are more expensive and 8274 is heavier than an EP9

So question is do I sell as is, i.e. stripped winch with no motor and solenoids or do I buy XP motor, Allbrights and service it to sell as a completed unit??

I should be able to pick up a new EP9 without wire and failead for around 350-360 at a show.

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

Do you want to try one out first?

Selling your 8274 is a big move and will take courage. You will need to be honest with yourself anf those around you, stand up and admit your 'problem' to the world.

Just sell it to Les - then he will be ahappy bunny and will be able to mod it up to his hearts content

u got some spare 8274's will?

Na, I'm buying a new 24V one for the back which'll get some tweaks as soon as I get hold of it. By the time you've done all the seals, got a new motor and replaced all the other dead parts its not worth buying a second hand one. It also gives me a new casing and gearset which is good.

The current front winch will get rebuilt with 'a few' changes :)

Well, that's the plan at the moment....

Na, I'm buying a new 24V one for the back which'll get some tweaks as soon as I get hold of it. By the time you've done all the seals, got a new motor and replaced all the other dead parts its not worth buying a second hand one. It also gives me a new casing and gearset which is good.

The current front winch will get rebuilt with 'a few' changes :)

Well, that's the plan at the moment....

Will, don't forget the wider drum, 'cos that will make all the difference :P