ejector valve Help!!

wadey

Hi just a quickie , whilst having a spare hour , as you do I found myself underneath the hood, having a tinker with my cooling system due to having an ongoing slight overheating problem under load, decided to remove and check the 3 way valve thingy which comes from the top of rad and top near thermo,

one of the pipes breaks off!!!!

as where i am will take a while to get a replacement, i decided to open up the valve to see how it works, and seems to me it just connects the three together basically ,

so as a temp measure , I made up a three way joint from 10 mm gas pipe fittings,

is this likely to work untill I get a replacement, or does the valve have a secret function i did not spot???

Wade

Hi just a quickie , whilst having a spare hour , as you do I found myself underneath the hood, having a tinker with my cooling system due to having an ongoing slight overheating problem under load, decided to remove and check the 3 way valve thingy which comes from the top of rad and top near thermo,

one of the pipes breaks off!!!!

as where i am will take a while to get a replacement, i decided to open up the valve to see how it works, and seems to me it just connects the three together basically ,

so as a temp measure , I made up a three way joint from 10 mm gas pipe fittings,

is this likely to work untill I get a replacement, or does the valve have a secret function i did not spot???

Wade

Hi Wade

Yes that will work.

Just a note re youre overheating underload, have you read my thread for ideas? http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=61890

Cheers

Tony

That connector is just a way of allowing air to escape from the system both from the top of the rad and the thermostat housing.

I think its shaped the way it is to discourage the bubbles from getting trapped.

I recently had a slight overheating problem also. The needle would climb on very long gradients.

Mine ended up being a partially plugged up radiator and a good pressure flush (water plus compressed air) at a local radiator shop fixed it in seconds. Some black rubbery stuff was forced out of the passages.

It runs cool now.

Steve