what is causing this

hi all

could anybody offer an explanation as to what is causing oil to be running out from the injectors, i first thought it was from the rocker cover gasket but looking closer it is coming from the injectors

many thanks

post-9152-009583200 1291328558_thumb.jpg

hi all

could anybody offer an explanation as to what is causing oil to be running out from the injectors, i first thought it was from the rocker cover gasket but looking closer it is coming from the injectors

many thanks

I've seen this on my own engines, once it was a cracked injector leaking diesel the other it was a problem with the sealing washers between injector and head.

Check it's not the rubber spill pipes that take excess fuel back to the tank. They deteriorate over time and fuel drips from them down the injectors.

That's what happened on my 300Tdi and it took ages to find as I thought it was the rocker gasket.

Malcolm

might be worth removing the injector seating copper washers & either anneal the existing items to soften them or fit new ones.

I'd agree - it is probably slight combustion gas leakage past the seals, containing an oily mist, but this weather it is condensing out. Changing the seals must be the cheapest thing to try to start with..

Nigel