Window washer wiring advice

Guest wunntenn

Guest wunntenn

After an epic day of skinned knuckles and lacerated wrists changing the innner wing on the passenger side my screen washer has been a bit iffy - I've obviously pinched the wiring in some way. A reach into the abyss behind the front headlamp and wiggling the wires has helped on occasion but the speed bump on the way to town usually renders it useless again. So I'm sure the wiring is the problem and not the pump.

So to fix this is it simply enough to note the two wire's colours on the pump terminals, then find those colours where they exit the dashboard stalk assembly in the steering column housing and run a pair of wires between them to bypass the dodgy wires?

Or is there something fundamental my pea brain is missing that will make this more complicated?

There is a cable assembly in the parts manual (PRC5739) which has the multi-connector on one end and the two sockets on the other for the front and rear wash pumps, which might be the easier option - depending on where the multiconnector is located - somewhere near the steering colummn I'll presume - anyone know for sure?

on my 90, the connector for your washer fluid bottle is located by the heater RHS of the engine bay (UK type) wires are black and green.

I happen to have in my garage the wire (and connector) i took off my old bottle that had 2 pumps (front and back)window washing if required. (I also have the bottle with both pumps as well!!)

not home for a week or so.

Chris

Guest wunntenn

Thanks Chris - have successfully bypassed the problem with a temporary switch on the dash, but I'll perhaps take you up on the cable & connector if they're available in a week or two.

I belive, whan I was pulling my 90 apart, that there is also a leg of the circuit that goes down the drives side wing part of the loom, I'm guessing its juts an alternative hook up point maybe for a LHD vehicle? anyways you could put an extension wire from that redundant point? save you a bit of hassle?